As the summer season is approaching, giving your kids bedroom a refresh may be on your mind. Here are 7 steps how!
1) Declutter! Yes, this is the worst part, but it’s a must. Things such as old books, small clothing and toys can pile up! Trash or donate what they don’t need.
2) Paint! One of the best ways to transform a space is paint. You might want to consider painting in a neutral color such as beige or gray. Neutral colored walls act as a good base to any theme, and when your child outgrows that theme or style, you can always change out accents and accessories to give the room a new transformation.
3) Paint furniture! This is one of the most cost effective ways to give their room a refresh. Painting a piece of furniture does wonders!
4) Change bedding! Start with a base such as a solid color comforter and add layers, textures and patterns with throws, pillows
5) Change out lamps, or you can even paint the lamp base and purchase a new shade for a completely new look!
6) Change wall art! You can incorporate their own artwork in the design of their room. This is a great way to bring their personality into their room, while displaying their masterpieces. Place their art in frames that complements the design.
7) Change out or add a rug. This is a great way to add color and/or pattern in a room.